Saturday, December 11, 2010

There's an Octopus in my Breakfast

I'm pleased to have my first guest blogger today! One of my cooking inspirations- someone who can make any leftover taste amazing. The man that had a toasted bagel with cream cheese and pesto waiting for me every morning growing up. Cooking with Care welcomes- Tom Vander Ark!

"Put today's breakfast in the win column: egg white omelet with pesto veggies topped with Pico party--diced avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, with feta and Chalula. 

But that's bush league compared to Tom's Big Breakfast at Lola (2000 4th, Seattle).  It starts with a little garlic Greek yogurt in a bowl topped with sauteed octopus, pumpkin, spinach, bacon, and finished with a fried egg."

Photo from Seattle.net

Tom and crew also ordered the Lola specialty- doughnuts with seasonal jam and vanilla mascarpone. These little nuggets of goodness have been featured on Food Network and have chef Giada de Laurentiis raving from a recent visit to Seattle. Tom called me after breakfast raving- and I cant wait to try this out myself!

Photo from TripAdvisor

All of the Tom Douglas restaurants in Seattle have been family favorites. Mom's frequent request is always Etta's, which is a block from the Pike Place market and has amazing crab cakes and bloody mary's. On my last trip to Seattle I visited Serious Pie for happy hour with some girl friends. Their happy hour features popular pizza's in a smaller size for $5. I brought home the chanterelle mushrooms & truffle cheese pizza and had my family addicted immediately.

I'm looking forward to Christmas in Seattle - cant beat family and good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment