Thursday, January 20, 2011

Honey & Habanero ... Need I say more?

Hands down my favorite grocery store in Austin is Central Market. Both locations are great- but I usually find myself wandering the aisles of the North Lamar spot. Its the type of store that makes me want to be a better cook. I have fallen in love with their bulk food section. The selection is far better than any packaged grains, nuts, and spices and very often is much more affordable. Yesterday's new find was their amazing selection of flavored coffee beans.

When I'm not browsing the bulk food section, I'm fantasizing in the meat department. Menus of amazing meals just fill my brain when I see the spectacular cuts of pork, chicken, beef, fish, etc. The lobster tank is bubbling and fresh sushi is always being rolled. The past few times I have gotten Honey Orange Habanero marinated sirloin. Its life changing meat. I've made it in to fajitas with onions, peppers and whole wheat tortillas, added it to a breakfast scramble and had it in a romaine salad with bleu cheese. I cant wait to go back and try the same marinate on their chicken and pork.

If you haven't been to Central Market, run don't walk.

1 comment: