Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stack Em Up!

Taking after my dad, I'm a fan of food that stacks. Anything in layers seems to enhance flavor and make for great food presentation. My dad often makes a lasgna stack or tortilla breakfast stack using leftovers from dinner.

My enchilada stacks!
When I saw this recipe for Chiptole Shredded Pork Enchiladas on White On Rice Couple's blog I had to make it! I love when my dish looks as delicious as pictures from the recipe. Their images are great and show the amazing ingredients in this dish.

I followed the recipe but added homemade guacamole and black olives in the layers. I doubled the amount of pork that I cooked too so I would have plenty of leftovers. I also used plenty of canola oil in the pan. Dont skimp- my friend Jessica was over while I cooked and showed me this trick. Speeds up the frying process and makes an even crisp on the tortillas. Just place the fried tortillas on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.

Download the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment