Monday, February 14, 2011

Spicy Tuna Ciabatta Burger

I love unique burgers. Don't get me wrong I wont ever turn down a traditional cheeseburger, but I also love trying to find new types of burgers. Restaurants that make great veggie, portabella, chicken, turkey and fish burgers are my favorite. Recently, I visited the new burger bar on South Congress in Austin called Hop Doddy. We tried the Buffalo Bill burger (bison, blue cheese, hot sauce, bacon) and my new favorite burger ever the Ahi Tuna burger (tuna, sprouts, teriyaki, honey wasabi, nori chips, pickled ginger). Both were great but the tuna burger had the most unique flavor that has kept me craving it for weeks.

Tonight I made my own version of this burger using what I had in my fridge, to hold me over until next time I can visit Hop Doddy.

Care's Spicy Tuna Ciabatta Burger
-good quality ahi tuna
-ciabatta roll
-pesto (see yesterday's post for homemade recipe)
-wasabi lime sauce (found by the mustard in grocery store)
-cilantro, micro greens or sprouts
-spinach

Heat a skillet on medium high and pour a little olive oil in. Pat the tuna dry and season with salt and pepper.
Sear the tuna on both sides for about 1-2 min each. You should still see a bit of pink in the very middle.
While tuna is searing cut the ciabatta roll in half and put pesto on one side and wasabi on the other. Layer the greens and place the tuna on top. Cut in half and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds delicious. If only I had ahi tuna sitting in my fridge. I guess I can use the same ingredients and spice up a turkey burger. Yay or nay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I bet turkey would be great!

    ReplyDelete